Friday, February 7, 2014

All about the Mommy

I read 2 or 3 blogs in the last couple of weeks that inspired this post. They wrote a post all about them. This is going to be a post of random facts about me. My husband always tells me I am so weird (he says that mostly in a good way). Some of these facts are things he finds weird and some he finds completely normal but others find weird. Just thought I would share a glimpse into the life of the Mommy of Niah and Malachi :-)

1. Since having kids, I can count on one hand the number of times I have the left the house with no kids. I prefer it that way.
2. It actually stresses me out to leave the kids with anyone including my husband and plus if I have the kids with me, there is no rushing home and it is more relaxing.
3. When I am mad, I clean, When I am stressed, hurt, or sad; I shop. By shop I mean, I feel the need to spend a lot of money (a lot would be somewhere around 75-100 in my single days it would be $200).
4. I feel the need to get out of my house every single day, even if it is just going to work, which is not even a quarter of mile away. (my littles come to work with me)
5. I am an extremely private person and usually only share my deepest thoughts with the husband, sister/best friend, mom and Jesus.
6. I take a bath in our jetted tub 5-7 times a week. Being completely honest, I take a dessert and the Ipad and watch tv while in the bath.
7. I throw all manners out the door when it comes to my kids. I try not to but it is my first reaction, my husband does as well. The easiest way to get a rise out of me is to attack me as a mother or attack my kids.
8. I can count on one hand the number of times, I argued with my husband in a year. Usually the arguments are over silly things.
9. I love running errands but truly only enjoy them if it is only my kids and I. That way I could move at my own pace and go where I need to.
10. Becoming a homeowner and a mother gave me the motivation to do crafty projects. Now I truly enjoy it.
11. I prefer to do things alone unless the person helping is just as personally invested in the project as me.
12. When I take on a project for someone, I make it my own project and personally invest every energy I have in to it. It is a positive and negative thing.
13. It takes me at least a year to use up makeup, not because I do not wear it because 99.5% of the time I wear it. The only thing I buy on a regular basis is eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I do not wear enough makeup and other times I am glad I do not have to spend money on it.
14. I gave up my love for shopping for myself when I had kids and now I love to shop for my kids.  Not only do I love to buy them new clothes I love to see them wear it (they have better wardrobes than me now)
15.  The only jewelry I wear consistently is my wedding ring.  The only only other piece of jewelry you can catch me wearing is a pearl necklace and that is usually only once a month thing.  


3 comments:

  1. I hate running errands with my little boy Jack. Dealing with the carseat drives me nuts. Jack hates getting in and out of it so running errands is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading unique facts about people. I just may follow your lead and write a similar post as well!
    Angela :)
    www.acharlescoach.com

    ReplyDelete