Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tutu Party - Decor

I did some fairly easy diy decorating most of it just required time.

I did the High chair skirt and table skirt the same. It is similar to a no sew tutu which I also did.

Needed:
Ribbon
Tulle - colors of choice

1. I cut strips of tulle double the length I wanted it.

2. You fold the strips in half.

3. put the tulle around the ribbon and pull the ends through.

4. Continue until finished.

I tied the ribbon around the high chair and table. I also hot glued it in a few spots to ensure that it did not move.




Tutu Wands

Needed
Tulle
Ribbon
sticks - I used cake pop sticks


Cut tulle, I cut mine about 6 inches long. I used a total of 16-20 pieces. Put 4 pieces of tulle together you can do all the same color different colors. and tie a thin ribbon in the middle. Continue this 4 times if you use 16 or 5 if you use 20. Then tie all of the pieces of tulle together. Once tied together spread tulle pieces apart. I hot glued the balls to a stick and decorated the stick with ribbon.





I found the next 2 diy at Martha Stewart

Hanging Pom-Poms
1. Stack eight (I did 12, 8 was not thick enough) 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inchwide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.

2. Fold an 18-inch (I did not find it extremely important to be right at 18 inches for this) piece of floral wire in half, and Put on center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.

3. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.

4. Attach ribbon to wire for haning

5. I just used a sewing pin to hang in the ceiling, did not leave a hole


Napkin Rings
With just a few changes, these follow the same steps as the hanging pom-poms.

1. Stack four sheets (I did 6) of tissue. Cut a 10-by-5-inch rectangle, going through all layers. Make 3/8-inch-wide accordion folds.

2. Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, slip over center of tissue, and twist to secure. Trim ends of tissue.

3. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.

4. Bend wire into a loop to fit around napkin, and twist end around loop to secure. I cut the left over wire because I did not use them as napkin holders just placed them on the plate.


Picture holders for Tables - I didn't want to spend anymore money but wanted to find a way to display her pictures in her tutu dress on the table

I took Medium binder clips. I clipped the picture at the bottom of the picture. Then took the metal clip on the side facing the picture off. sat in on the table.





Linking Up With
HookingupwithHoH


Itworks

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Top Mommy Blogs

Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs