Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Due Date

Well today is officially my due date and as of yesterday I am no closer to delivering than I was 6 weeks ago. Somedays I actually think this little girl is climbing up my stomach instead of dropping down lower. I have been officially scheduled for an induction next tues/wed, if I do not go into labor. So my prayer for the rest of this week is that I do go into labor!! You may ask why tues/wed, well that is because I am headed to the dr. tues morning for him to check me. If I am in the same place I am now which is not even began to ripe, he will admit me into the hospital and begin the whole process of trying to make me ripe. It is pretty funny to me that you measure a baby by fruits and vegetables and then they tell you how close you are to delivery by how ripe you are, again fruits and vegetables. Apparently, the ripening can take awhile and then he will start the induction process. He pretty much told me that it would be wed. before I had her. So as you can see that sounds like a long lengthy process and if you think of it send some prayers that this girl will come before then!!

I am going take one of the pictures from our maternity session and put it on the wall in the nursery and I am going to either put the verse: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. ~ Psalm 139:13, or The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name. ~ Isaiah 49:1"

Now, knowing that either way I will have this wonderful baby in my arms by early next week makes me so excited. I have dreamed about her coming and prayed over her life for the last 8 or so months (I was 6 weeks along when I found out) and now she will actually begin life in this world. I am anxious to see her personality, and the wonderful person God created and what amazing things HE has in store for her.

Until she comes I am going to work on things at the house. Last night I cleaned all the windows, screens, and window seals and washed every blanket sheet and towel. Now on to removing every trace of dog hair off the furniture. Poor Addie will not know what to do when baby comes. She got kicked off the furniture but we did buy her a very nice dog pillow. She is well aware she is not allowed in the nursery and will stand at the nursery door watching me in there. I will have to get her lots of treats and bones so she does not feel left out.

Here are a couple more pics from our maternity session


No comments:

Post a Comment