Thursday, October 27, 2011

Going to sleep on our own

For a few weeks now, I have been working with Niah to go to sleep on her own. Now, I did this for her own good to learn good sleep habits because trust me it is one of my favorite things to do is to rock my baby to sleep. I did not want her to shed a tear in the process. I can not say that not one tear has not been shed but it has been only a few. That is why it has taken weeks to get there and 90% of the time she goes to sleep on her own with out a tear. I get Niah drowsy and then I lay her down, she does a fussy talk and I go in every 3-5 mins to calm her down and then leave. She now goes to sleep within ten mins. It is the cutest thing to listen to. She starts out talking really loud and gets quiter and quiter until she is asleep.
Here she is after she goes to sleep. She is my child has to have a blanket to go to sleep... We get cold



Now I can't say I never rock her to sleep since we started this because sometimes a baby just needs to be rocked to sleep. Tonight was one of those nights, she had been fussy most of the afternoon and it seemed she did not feel good so she was rocked to sleep. I love my little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment