Friday, July 2, 2010

God understands and answers the little wants

You may look at my title and say that is so cliche but that title is exactly what happen this week. God has definitely answered the big request on providing for us to build this home. He continually blesses us with wonderful subcontractors. This week, I was talking about how I wanted a gas fireplace. Matthew was concerned about the price and asked me how much, I said, they can't be that much!! He asked my dad (since my dad just bought one), my dad's reply was $2,000. Matthew looked at me and said there is no way I want to spend that on a fireplace. He left, and I just said a quick little prayer, "God, I really want a fireplace, help me find a good deal, and I ended it with but I guess I don't have to have one." About an hour later, I just thought maybe I should check craigslist for a fireplace, (I never look at craigslist). I see a listing for 2 brand new fireplaces a big one asking $425, the smaller one asking $250. That afternoon, I showed Matthew my findings and he called the guy to get details. Ten minutes later, we were in the car on our way to pick up both of them, the big one for us, the small one for my dad. We got both fireplaces for $575!! I walked away thinking how thankful I am to serve a God that blesses and really does care about little things like fireplaces.
So Here is a picture a our wonderful fireplaces!!

The framing is moving right along, they have finished the basement and moved to the upstairs!! I am told they should be done framing by Wednesday! The house getting built is going much faster than I thought, it is sometimes stressful to have to make decisions so quick. I have pictures of their progress.
These are of the basement

The next picture is the upstairs before the put any walls up

This is after one day of working on the upstairs

The last picture I am going to show of the house is the water closet in the master bath. I had to beg and plead for this and Matthew could not understand why I wanted it so much. We worked out the bathroom so I could have it but he still thinks it is ridiculous.

Lastly, I have to tell about my Birthday surprise. I have been begging Matthew to change his driver's license so we could officially live in the same place. I even threaten to not change my name until he did. He kept refusing. The day before my birthday, I suggested that we go do it for my birthday. I wake up the next morning (my birthday morning) There was a pink tool box kit with a card. The card said the tools were for me to help build my closet, so I didn't mess his tools up. It said in the first pocket of the tool box was cash for materials. In the second pocket was to prove actions speaker louder than words and it was a Missouri driver's license. We now officially live at the same address (technically we don't live there yet though).
Here are pictures of my toolbox and his license.



It was a wonderful birthday as a wife except I could not get Matthew to leave from working on the house to go eat for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment