Friday, February 1, 2013

The adjustment

Malachi is 2 1/2 weeks old and is such a good laid back baby. He only cries when he is hungry or cold. He has very little awake time and by very little I mean less than an hour a day. Sometimes I can get him to stay awake if I do not let him eat till he is full and he will be content and awake for 20 or 30 mins and then he wants to finish eating. He eats every 3-4 hours but does something similar to Niah and will fall asleep eating so his feeding will take an hour to finish because he will eat go to sleep wake up, eat, go to sleep and so on. Malachi smiles alot in his sleep. He is waking 2 in the night to eat and thankfully for eat quickly and go back to sleep. He sleeps in the bassinet most the night but after his last feeding he almost always gets hiccups and wants to sit up so I put him in the bouncer and sleeps the last 4 hours in the bouncer. It already seems like time is flying by.

I took these pictures today... You can kinda see his tie onsie that I made him

I love his face in this pic

The adjustment has been a smooth transition. Niah loves the "baby" wants to see him every morning, help change his diaper, be there when he eats, hold him, put blankets on him, and kiss him good night every night. Niah acts like the baby is suppose to be here and she knows it. When we got home from the hospital Niah was extra clingy but I think that had more to do with never being away from me that long than having a new baby in the house. I think it helped Niah to transition so well because I still do all the things I normally do with her like put her to bed, put her down for naps, get her up in the morning, get her ready, do her baths, let her cook with me, and so on. Niah is such a great big sister.
Love this little girl and can't forget about her

Niah holding baby brother

As far as being a mom of two it has been great. I love both of my babies and everything has gone so smooth with having two. It feels as though I have always had 2 kids. With the terrible flu season in full swing we have only gone out a few times in hopes to not catch any sickness. Again, I am so thankful for a faithful God that even though I didn't have the birth I intended He protected both me and Malachi and gave me such a fast recovery.



The Life Of Faith






No comments:

Post a Comment