Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tie Onsies

It is seriously impossible to find cute newborn boy clothes. I have found a few separate pieces that I match together and had to order a lot of items online. After searching through etsy.com for items I found adorable tie onsies. They were ridiculous expensive so I decided to make them. It was so easy.

Here is a brown tie I made... I will get photos of just the onsie so you can see it better



What you need
1. scrap material
2. onsies
3. iron on
4. sewing machine.

1. You draw a tie on card stock and mine was pretty small because I put them on newborn onsies. I did mine in two pieces the knot and the tie piece. This is your pattern

2. Cut out the material in the tie shape.

3. Cut out the iron on in the tie shape.

4. Follow your iron on directions and iron the tie on the onsie make sure it is centered.

5. Then I used an applique stitch and sewed around the tie to ensure it would stay on.

That's it!! You have an adorable onesie. I paired my little man's onsie with leg warmers.







linking up


1 comment:

  1. What a precious baby and I love that onesie! I have a new nephew and I think i need to make this for him. I found you through The Inspiration Board at Carolyn's Homework and would like to invite you to link up to my party, Project Inspire{d} ~ I hope to see you there!

    http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/02/project-inspired-week-2/

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete