Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How life will change with 2 kids

Now that Christmas is over, it is all baby prep and spoil Niah. I have less than 3 1/2 weeks till my due date and plan to utilize every bit of time I have. I usually leave my Christmas decorations up till after the New Year but I have alot of things going in the next few weeks I used Niah's nap time to take them down today. I am one of those people that plan every detail and like to do it myself. I hate other people cleaning, organizing, or any other thing to my house, it actually stresses me out. Thankfully, my husband knows that and he has his jobs and I have mine and knows when I need help I will ask but until then he just lets me run with my almost obessive compulsive disorder. I think it is because my husband is very similar and when he works on projects he likes to work on them alone so understands my need of doing things myself.

Now, for my sweet girl, I have planned a mommy and Niah activity everyday until baby comes for just Niah and Mommy. I also have some Mommy, Daddy, and Niah activities planned. I want her to soak up her last bit of only child she has. I plan to have Niah very involved with baby after he comes and have lots of Niah and mommy activities planned for at the house while baby is sleeping. I really do not think that Niah is going to have a jealousy issue at all with the new baby but I want her to feel confident that her Mommy still has plenty of time for her. The hardest thing I think will be for Mommy and Niah, is that it will be Niah's first time sleeping away from home. Thankfully I will only be in the hospital 1 night (24 hours) and thankfully Niah's cousin, Kyah will be here for a distraction but it is still nerve racking and hard to think about.

While getting ready for baby I have come to several realizations with having 2 kids.

1. Traveling for the next 3 years will become almost obsolete. (I guess you save for those 3 years to start traveling with a bang). Probably limited to day trips and possibly an over night here and there but I am pretty sure for the sanity of everyone in the house it will be light traveling.

2. The everyday errands will not come with lots of extra luggage. I will now have to carry all of Niah's supplies as well as a newborn supplies, good news no bottle or feeding supplies.

3. That it is a good thing I am a planner and I can plan a day out well to make time for everyone and everything in the day.

4. That our car will be completely full with just our family; 2 car seats, diaper bag, mommy, and daddy. (It is a good thing we do not drive that often.)

5. That I am so glad that we never co-sleep with Niah and will not with this baby because it makes for a much better sleepers.

Now I am off to get things done. Started washing all newborn clothes, cleaning and organizing nursery, making list of essentials still need (the boring things like diapers), Installing car seat, and finishing up last purchases and details for Nursery.

Less than 3 1/2 weeks till I have this baby.

Here is a picture of the new baby from a few weeks ago at our ultrasound. Best ultrasound picture we have gotten between both babies, my babies always hide in my placenta



Here is my sweet girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment