Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Nursery

Our lives have slowed down just enough for me to start focusing on a nursery for this little one. With Niah, we had a snow storm and and got snowed in and I was able to do lots of preparation for her in that week.

Here is my inspiration picture for the nursery. It will not be the same but I am using the theme and colors and going from there.


Luckily, the room is already painted so I do not have to worry about that. I have the material for the bedding and started making the bedding this week, I am almost done with the bumper.

I searched and searched for the perfect rug at the perfect price. I found a wonderful cyber Monday deal and got the rug for $50 for a 5x8. I believe it was a pretty good deal considering it was originally $300 and every rug I found was $300 or more. It almost matches the picture exactly

Matthew likes this light fixture. It is a little out of our price range so I have been trying to find one close to that and redo it to look similar. I have found a few on amazon.

I currently am looking at ordering a giant giraffe stuffed animal to go in the room as a decor item. The one in the picture is a Doug and Melissa product and ran close to $60 and I found one similar to that one just shorter for $20 with S&H. I purchased panel curtains and now since I am not allowed to use a drill on the wall, I am waiting for the husband to hang my rod. My guess is this weekend it will be done.

In Niah's room we have a maternity picture with the scripture "The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name" so I am wanting to do something similar in this room. This poor baby is going to get Niah's changing table and crib. Eventually I will move the crib back in Niah's room because it turns into a daybed and a full size bed. I plan on having the baby sleep in a bassinet in our room for the first 4 months and then do the transition of Niah to a toddler bed. My mom found Niah a beautiful antique dresser that I was going to refinish but my husband wanted to strip the paint and since I could not be around the paint stripper he willingly took on the project.

It is coming along as I find the exact right items for the room, slowly but surely. I found some adorable safari animal statues I am going to put on a shelf for $3 a piece and thankfully they were a neutral. I love basic neutral colors (my entire house is covered in it)

I also got a starting supply of preemie and newborn clothes. I do not think this baby will be early but the dr. does not think the baby will be over 6lbs and I am praying for the sake of recovery and my body it is not over 6 lbs (he is pretty sure I could not naturally deliver a baby bigger than Niah, it was pretty risky with her). I was unprepared for Niah and did not have anything to fit her so I already took the plunge and got some preemie outfits.

Right now the room is in shreds but I am excited for the end result.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment