Wednesday, May 22, 2013

3 Years

I spend a lot of time talking about, bragging, and admiring my beautiful children but there is one man in my life that is my team mate, best friend, and may not get the spotlight with the camera (he hates pictures) but I can not imagine life with out him. 3 years ago today we walked down the aisle to a beautiful wedding and said our vows and I am more in love with him than ever.

Matthew is one amazing dad. I love to watch him as he plays, holds, and comforts our little ones. I feel so very blessed when he calls to just check on me or knows something is bothering me and tries to fix it. I love the fact that when I was full of pregnancy hormones and something did not turn out just the way I wanted it and big tears came to my eyes over tiny little things he did not care a thing about, he would try is hardest to make it the way I wanted it. I love the fact that he knows me so well he knows when to give me space and let me do my thing and when to step up and help me.

Now, do not get me wrong there are definitely things that we drive each other crazy with and we learn to either get past it or battle it out. He drives me crazy that he wants to take up the entire King size bed and put his feet on me, it drives me crazy that he talks on the phone so loud when the babies are sleeping, and it drives me crazy that he sneaks a chocolate chip into Niah if she went to bed before he got home and she is awake still, or how he locks every lock in the house and checks it numerous times before bed but all those things that drive me crazy are things I miss when he is out of town. They are the quirks that I still complain about but love at the same time. I know that he absolutely hates my dramatic reactions, how I am a detailed planner and like to have everything well planned at least 2 weeks in advanced (he says he shoots from the hip), how big things do not seem to stress me out but little things such as no throwing food in the trash can will provide so much stress I take the trash out immediately. I think he would tell you that he has not only got use to those things but loves them now as well.

I am so thankful for my team mate, my husband, my friend. I have loved the last 3 years of doing life with you and I am excited to do the next 50 years or more. I absolutely love that man.


Side notes:
*In case your wondering my husband has never read my blog and I did not write this for brownie points but because I truly mean it.
*I just had to put in a few wedding photos
*I will be putting on my wedding dress for the occasion and eat cake



No comments:

Post a Comment