Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ribbon Flowers

My mom and I started making pillowcase dresses for vacation and I have kept making them since vacation for different things (I will blog on how to make them soon). The more dresses I have made the more artistic and elaborate I begin making them. Today, I am going to share with you how I made some flower embellishment on the dress, I also made them into hair bows.Here is the best picture I could find of the flower on a dress (This is my sister's little girl Kyah wearing the flower and you can view her blog here

What you need is:

Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread Ribbon of your choice

1. You sew a basting stich on one edge of the ribbon. For those of you readers that do not know what a basting stich is (Which I learned in the last year) is a loose long easy to remove stitch.

2. You begin to pull one of the 2 ends and let the ribbon bunch up. You keep bunching and pulling the ribbon until the ribbon is bunched all of the way to the end.

3. Then you begin to wrap the ribbon around each other in a circle.4. I sew the flowers onto the dress but I hot glue the flowers to the metal barrett. You can do either or.

Here is Niah wearing the flower I made

Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment